Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Its coming, I swear.................

Still from the movie: "Down Country Roads with Stapleton Kearns"



Sorry, readers;

I have been traveling and now I am against a tight deadline on a piece that HAS to be done by the first. It has at least a months work in it. It is a big project and not a plein air piece. The painting is for the Northwest Rendezvous of Art in Helena, Montana. I am going to go there for the event in August.

Either way I have to work almost around the clock on this thing until it is right. The painting is proving very hard to make, they often do. I will get to the computer tonight and actually write something of value. Till then, I suggest you lay down with your arms at your sides and wait quietly.

9 comments:

Chris said...

I can't wait to see the movie!
I have installed myself in a cocoon, along with my puppy, and will patiently await your return.

Debra Norton said...

Thank you. Right now lying down with my arms at my sides sounds pretty good to me.

barbara b. land of boz said...

I'm right there.... arms crossed be kind to yourself Stape.

stermyn said...

I can't wait to see the painting, recently checked out the Northwest Rendezvous and the artists that will be there, an interesting group to be painting with. Also was hoping to get a look at a fresh Minnesota painting.

willek said...

Is that who I think it is beside you?

Brady said...

I am currently planking between my adopted "taboret" and my easel.

(I don't think the easel likes it.)

Unknown said...

oh shoot.... I can't lay like that since the car accident. Is it okay if I just curl up in the fetal position instead?
First, have to make sure the flames haven't gotten any closer. Good, they're still at least a mile away....
the painting will be wonderful. I just know it. Relax... deep breath in..... exhale.. now back to painting.

Stapleton Kearns said...

Willek;
Yes! That's Casey Stengel!
.............Stape

Plein Air Gal said...

Movie? What movie? When is it available?
Is is OK if we nap while we're laying down? Or should we first tape up pictures of the Sistine Chapel to contemplate while reclining?