Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Acadia workshop

ANNOUNCING A FALL WORKSHOP IN ACADIA!


I will be holding a three day workshop at the Bass Harbor campground in Bass Harbor, Maine. the 25-26-27th of September. That's Saturday-Monday. We will paint outside and I will teach beginners to experts the art of outdoor landscape painting. The class size is limited to ten.

The Bass Harbor campground is on the "quiet" side of the island and is a short walk from the Bass Harbor light. There are restaurants and other amenities close by, including a motel if you don't want to rough it. There are tenting sites and simple cabins available and it will be very inexpensive. I know the cost of the workshop plus lodging as kept some of you from taking my workshops and I have been asked whether camping was available. So if you want to take a workshop as affordably as possible, this is your chance.


Part of the workshop experience is always the social scene, this should be particularly fun as we can build a campfire at night. Camping with the artists should be a lot of fun

Acadia should be starting to color up with autumn and the days should be warm and the nights chilly, but easy camping weather. The park will be fabulous that time of year. If we do get a rainy day I will teach seascape and coach the students on ways to improve their paintings in the studio.

The cost of the workshop is $300. I require a $150 dollar deposit which is (non refundable), the balance to be paid at the event. Here is a link to where you can sign up ( This will become operational in a couple of hours from this posting).
Reservations at the Bass Harbor campground can be made here. Make sure you let them know you are coming for my workshop and they will give you the off season rate and a bundle of free firewood, and put you with the rest of us.

4 comments:

Deborah Paris said...

Sounds like SO much fun- makes me want to come to Maine;the camping out and nightly bonfires...neat!

Stapleton Kearns said...

Deborah;
Why don't you come? I will grill you a hot dog.
.............Stape

billspaintingmn said...

Wow! The two people I would surely
like to meet!
Deborah Paris & Stapelton Kerns!
I will have to see if I can make this happen.

Woodward Simons said...

Oh, wow! My favorite location east of Tucson!